- Selected Artworks
- Insured Shipping
- 14 Days Return Policy
- Secure Online Payment
The Virgin in the Grotto and two dragons
Oil on canvas
92 x 73 cm
Frame size: 98 x 79 cm
- signed (upper left): "Freist Grete"
- condition: very good, framed
- published: Exhibition catalogue: Greta Freist, NÖ Landesmuseum, Vienna 1991
- exhibited: Greta Freist, NÖ Landesmuseum, Vienna, 1991, Nr. 28
- verso: Lable:"La jeune fille dans la grotte et deux Dragons" (The Virgin in the Grotto and two Dragons) from artist's hand: "1010-2-Autriche-Institute Autrichien"
* 1904 , Weikersdorf, NÖ - † 1993 , Paris
This creative period is characterized by a romantic realism in which mainly her fears, hopes, disappointments, her relationship to Goebel (lover and colleague), as well as self-treatment are processed. This realism is superseded by a surrealistic phase in which themes such as the threat of the world war or the desire for peace is presented.